Borrowed Unit Guide (for v3.3)
Borrowed units are important, because those can help you conquer harder fights beyond your level or farm without using your own stamina. It gets you a lot more brains, more trophies and helps the guild to complete the raids to Tier 3. The drones are weak and not so many, the borrowed unit type and level makes 3000 team power difference or more. Example:
- lvl 23 Assassin can complete Mexico City Hard for 1 reward (200 trophies)
- lvl 30 Titan can complete Mexico City Expert for all 3 rewards (500 trophies)
and all this with only the borrowed unit and simple drones! This is why its important, what units you get from others and what you give to others.
Lending a unit and the effects on your borrowed unit
- The unit which gets lent is always the highest level unit in the last team you did a fight with.
- It does not matter, if you used the unit in the fight or not.
- It does not matter, if the unit has stamina left or not.
- In case of a tie, the unit which appears higher in the All Units list gets shared to others. Don't make a tie, upgrade 1 level higher
- The borrowed unit has level capping. Our guild has 75% capping perk, so the unit will be level capped to 75% of your level.
- So if you are level 38 and the unit you borrow is any level above level 30, you will still only get it as it would have been when it was level 30. (Exact formula is RoundUP(75% of player lvl38)+1 = 30)
- Player lvl38 is important to reach, because the borrowed units can then be lvl30 and that changes a lot
- At level 30 most tank units get the needed power to solo farm.
- A good trick if you are lower level, or are just not getting good units to borrow is to use a Reanimator (or other horde making unit) and a Mortician (or other unit reviving unit). More Horde helps you kill for free. Unit reviving keeps your trophies high so you get the better rewards. (This is vital on guild raids where your trophy total changes you reward.)
- The unit which you lend to the guild has to be a tank. (They are needed to smash walls and buildings and soak up all those bullets.)
- Either a Titan/Dreadnought (best if has the Ripple Effects perk) or Behemoth (will need the Regeneration perk)
- It has to be min lvl20 (if you are under lvl40) or min lvl30 (if you are lvl40 or above).
- We suggest to aim for a lvl35 Titan.
This is a simplified approach, which does not consider very special cases (like maps where tanks are not useful). WZN 3.4 will address those, until then, the above is valid in all cases. It can take some time to upgrade your tanks, so get moving
Borrowed Unit demonstration videos:
And this is how a proper borrow screen should look like:
Attribution: this guide is bigger part work of @Ruinous.