THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! RESULTS HERE!
BEST WZ HOLIDAY HAIKU CONTEST
The holidays are approaching, and we're celebrating by bringing back weekly contests for the month of December—and a special month-long Guild contest! See the full line-up here.
We've held two WZ-themed haiku contests in the past, and the community really had a blast with them. This time, we want you to put a holiday spin on your WZ-themed haikus! Welcome to the BEST WZ HOLIDAY HAIKU CONTEST!
For anyone that has never written one before, a haiku is a short, three-line poem with a syllable limitation. Line one has 5 syllables, line two has 7 syllables, and line three has 5 syllables (again). Here are a couple of examples from previous haiku contest winners:
Hide behind my pink-ish mass
Goliath needs Brains — @Yoga
Walls shake. Horrors roar.
Building breaks, beasts at the door.
Zombies feast on gore. — @BourbonBarrel
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Players will create a post in this topic with their haiku entry. Entries that do not adhere to the 5-7-5 rule will be disqualified.
- All entries must be an original creation by the entrant. Entries that are not original creations (e.g., taken from the Internet) will be disqualified.
- Entries must demonstrate a reasonable effort at quality. Entries that appear to be filler entries will not be considered for prizes.
- Entries from a previous contest cannot be recycled.
- Players can enter ONCE. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- Only one prize will be awarded per player in each contest.
- No entries containing inappropriate language or content will be accepted. Keep the contest light-hearted and fun! Review the Community Guidelines if you have questions.
- Entries must be posted by 12:00PM EST on Wednesday, 12/21/16.
- The Grand Prize and Runner Up winners will be selected by the Proletariat team.
- The top 13 finalists will be determined by Proletariat, then YOU will cast your votes for your favorite entries to win 10 Honorable Mention prizes in a poll from around 1:00PM EST on Wednesday, 12/21/2016 to 1:00PM EST on Thursday, 12/22/2016. (In the event of a tie, Proletariat will determine the winners.)
- Winners will be announced in this topic after the votes are tallied on Thursday, 12/22/2016. We will also host a special live stream on our Twitch channel at 5PM EST on Thursday, December 29, featuring a round-up of the winning entries from the December contests and level 50 Mythic lending.
Grand Prize (1): Choice of 1 Mythic Unit & 1,000 coins!
Runner Ups (2): Choice of 1 Mythic Unit! & 500 coins!
Honorable mention (10):
First Tier (1): 500 coins
Second Tier (4): 200 coins
Third Tier (5): 100 coins
Disclaimer: In entering this forum contest, understand that you have no rights to the ideas posted and Proletariat can freely use them (or not) in any current or future games. (Sorry, necessary info! Thanks!)