WZ "ANYTHING GOES" CONTEST - SEPTEMBER 2016!
We first started holding WZ contests on the forums during May of 2015 (remember our very first screenshot contest ?) and we’ve gone through many iterations of contest structures, always in the hopes of making them as fun and engaging as possible. We’ve had what we believe to be a good thing going for awhile now, but we’ve gotten some great feedback from forum members over the past few months regarding how they think we can make the WZ contests even better. So, it’s time to shake things up again by kicking off the WZ "ANYTHING GOES" CONTEST (an idea first suggested by @Alicorn).
What is an "anything goes” contest, and what is our thinking behind it? Simple: we want you to create the kind of high quality contest entries that interest you, in whatever medium you enjoy working in, unfettered by the rigid structure we’ve enforced in previous contests. For example, @Katie has been wanting to do a pet dress up contest for a while, @Zisa has been itching to create another awesome food-related entry, and @Alicorn reports that his Guild members have been anxiously waiting to showcase their specific talents but have not yet found the right contest to do so. We’re hoping that by holding "anything goes" contests, everyone will now be able to display their own special talents. We also extended the deadline, allowing for a longer period of time to work on your creations, emphasizing quality instead of quantity. (Don’t worry, we’ve increased the contest prizes to make up for extending the deadline).
In addition to changing the structure of the contest itself, we’re also experimenting with a new voting system based off of feedback from @MarkusTheGreat and other forum members. As a community-based contest, we’re going to give the community the right to select all of the winners in this contest, not just the Honorable Mentions. (More on this new process below in the rules section.)
Ready for "anything goes"? Good! Go forth, create, and have fun doing it!
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Players will create a post in this topic with their contest entry. The format is up to you!
- All entries must be an original creation by the entrant. Entries that are not original creations (e.g., taken from the Internet) will be disqualified.
- Entries must demonstrate a reasonable effort at quality. By extending the timeline for contests, we are encouraging forum members to produce high quality work in the medium of their choosing. Entries that appear to be filler entries will not be considered for prizes.
- Entries from a previous contest cannot be recycled.
- Players can enter TWICE. Additional entries will be disqualified.
- Only one prize will be awarded per player in each contest.
- No entries containing inappropriate language or content will be accepted. Keep the contest light-hearted and fun! Review the Community Guidelines if you have questions.
- Entries must be posted by 12:00 PM ET on Wednesday, September 28, 2016.
- The contest winners will be based on community “likes.” The “likes” feature will be disabled on the contest forum topic until the contest closes, and will be enabled from 12:00 PM ET on Wednesday, September 28 until 10 AM on Tuesday, October 4. During this “voting” phase, everyone may cast their vote by liking an entry (click the heart below the post). There is no limit to how many votes you may cast.
- Winners will be announced in this topic and during a special WZ live stream at 12:00 PM ET on Tuesday, October 4.
Grand Prize (1): Choice of 2 Mythic Units & 2,000 coins!
Runner Ups (2): Choice of 1 Mythic Unit & 1,000 coins!
Honorable mention (10):
First Tier (1): 1,000 coins
Second Tier (4): 500 coins
Third Tier (5): 200 coins
Disclaimer: In entering this forum contest, understand that you have no rights to the ideas posted and Proletariat can freely use them (or not) in any current or future games. (Sorry, necessary info! Thanks!)